Spora civilnog društa
Civil Society Spore is a mapping experiment (seed) project within WikiSpore.
- To try to compensate for the lack of understanding and visibility of many Civil Society entities (organizations, projects, people, events...) by advocacy and education
- To introduce Wiki-Making as practice to those who are involved in context specific situated and communal knowledge practices (ideally lived and embodied experiences) rather then just having encyclopedic-wikipedian aspirations (global and encyclopedic)
Civil Society Organizations (CSOs for short), unlike corporate sector, usually can not afford (and should not) much of their resources to be focused on PR and marketing, which in current media landscape means simply no or very little visibility and indirectly understanding. The fact that formal education in most countries does not include learning about civil society means that many people also do not understand the importance and relevance of this so called third sector, especially compared to the first/Governmental and second/Corporate sector. Smaller organizations and individual activist often have no or little references to their work that could fit the hard criteria of Wikipedia *(visibility and relevance, for smaller wikipedias the language size and publishing capacities).
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. itself is an American non-profit and charitable organization headquartered in San Francisco, California.
More information on Wikipedia about Civil society.
External (potential) inspiration
- Data Reuse Days 2022 in session Wikidata for civic tech speakers (projects): Sascha Göbel (Comparative Legislators Database), Jan Ainali and Albin Larsson (Govdirectory), Friedrich Lindenberg (OpenSanctions), Joseph (Open Parliament TV), Holger Döring (Party Facts), André Ourednik (Ideograph) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVuj-b6rL8&t=21s
Entry infos and types
- Timeline (date/year of founding, renaming... and folding)
- Location (country, region, city... Geo-location of registration address)
- Topical (human/animal rights, environmental, ... )
- Countries: Croatia, Civil Society Spore/Poland, Germany, Austria ...
- Fields: Culture, Gender-justice, Anti-militarism...
- Entities: Civil Society Spore:WhoseKnowledge, Mi2-MaMa, Civil Society Spore:LGBT_Center_Split CMS Zagreb, Mali Korak DegrowthCity, Civil Society Spore:Udruga_Kačić, HrW inicijativa ...
- Events: Civil Society Spore/Green_Academy, Otokultivator...
- People: Urša Raukar, Karmen Ratković, Maja Kuzmanović, Civil Society Spore/Ewa Majewska ...
- Webs (tools and services): Civil Society Spore/RiseUp, Civil Society Spore/RiseUp/Crabgrass
- Culture&Media: Civil_Society_Spore/Arkzin, Civil_Society_Spore/VisualAIDS
WikiSpore for wiki work
Chat channel for (almost) real-time coordination
Opportunities and ideas
- Work with organizers of CEE Spring 2021...starting from notes https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/2020SPRING
- 2022 RapidFund application for experimental project in Croatia with Clubture.org network for independent and youth culture
- vizualizations experiments on Civil_Society_Spore
- 2020 draft RapidGrant application proposal to be reworked in the future to RapidFund (2000 to now 5000 USD budget) for pilot experimental
- localy specific (notability+form) content development of Civil_Society_Spore
- potential support
- Public records or registries per country:
- Croatia https://registri.uprava.hr/#!udruge
- Austria ?
- Germany ?
- USA ?
- Ukraine ?
- Check existing in Wikidata?