Civil Society Spore:WhoseKnowledge
Whose Knowledge? is a global campaign that aims to correct the skewed representations of knowledge on Wikimedia projects as well as the wider internet. The Whose Knowledge? Wikimedia user group is open to all people – particularly those who identify as women, LGBTQI folks, people from the global South, and allies around the world – who are interested in addressing systemic bias on Wikimedia projects.
- Mapping opportunities and gaps in online knowledge
- Capturing data about systemic bias in content and participation on Wikimedia projects
- Collecting and curating resources and toolkits for addressing systemic bias
- Supporting content-creation and participation pilots
- Convening diverse stakeholders from both inside and outside the Wikimedia movement
- Media campaigns to encourage diverse forms of engagement, participation, and content creation