The first anniversary of Wikispore Day, observed on July 19, 2020, marks twelve months from the conceptual sprouting of the Wikispore idea from the Strategy Wiknic in NYC, which was held last year on July 14, while the Meta page for Wikispore was started the day after on July 15.
Date and platform
Sunday July 19:
- (17:00–19:00 UTC/GMT, 19:00–21:00 Berlin)
- Watch Wikispore Day on YouTube
On Wikipedia Weekly Network and maybe supplementary platforms.
Since Wikispore is probably the only Wikimedia project to be born at a picnic, you are encouraged to participate from a socially-distanced green space outdooors if possible.
Anything that is on Wikispore, or that could potentially be on Wikispore in the vast utopian future, or other efforts of Wikimedians Innovating New Genres.
With one or two major interviews and a selection of three to five-minute lightning talks from the general community.
Will include an m:Abstract Wikipedia interview, a demo of docs.plus, and a grand tour of all of the concepts for the various Spores, from the ones that are just ideas so far to those that have some content developed.
- Structure – maybe hard fix full hour slot starts, but remain flexible within last quarter? *(how broadcasting used to be planned)
- Dynamics – going between super short and longer forms? (shortest being LTs and longest interviews?)
- Atmosphere – going between serious and casual? (from screen-sharing to picnic/outdoor/nature greetings?)
- Share your lightning talk or other session ideas!
- Pharos (talk) 14:46, 11 July 2020 (UTC) – a lightning talk on the journalistic potential of Event Spore
- Zblace (talk) 08:12, 14 July 2020 (UTC) – LT on QueerSpore, maybe also other spores and/or ideas that are more meta
- Sj (talk) 11:34, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
- Yaron Koren (talk) 03:02, 16 July 2020 (UTC) – a lightning talk on the Cargo MediaWiki extension
- Treetopz (talk) 18:25, 16 July 2020 (UTC) – I can talk about Gynopedia (a small wiki on women's health care access that I have been managing since 2016) & how Wikispore could help such projects.
- Rosiestep (talk) 13:34, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
- EdSaperia (talk) 18:54, 17 July 2020 (UTC) – I can apologise for the bugs in docs.plus while we use docs.plus.
- Ainali (talk) 22:49, 17 July 2020 (UTC) – I can do a lightning talk about an experiment about enriching Wikisource content with more Wikidata links. Ainali (talk) 22:49, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
- Not sure I can make it to the event but would like to bring up the possibility of using Wikispore(s) for documenting open research workflows, e.g. lab notebooks. --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 03:13, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- For me it is still early days in getting a feel for what is possible here, so it would be premature to offer to talk on the Art Spore but interested to listen on various topics above. AllyD (talk) 07:56, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- Spinster (talk) 09:36, 19 July 2020 (UTC), sharing some thoughts around the Visual Story Spore and especially more widely on the potential for content that is audiovisual in focus.
- Dyolf77 (talk) 10:34, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- Csisc (talk) 11:33, 19 July 2020 (UTC) - Presenting my conception of Wikispore project.
- WikiCite Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:01, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- Ziko (talk) 14:53, 20 July 2020 (UTC)